A listfull of recent Pak-Russia relationship elements:
Pakistan has signed a milestone defense pact with Russian federation which may entail the following.
* Acquisition of Mi-35 Hind-E assault helicopters for SSG's Special Operations Task Force.
* Joint Counter-terrorism training of Special Ops units
* Joint Air Force training
* Pakistan will participate in Russian tank warfare competition
* Russia will be allowed to have regular port calls and docking at Pakistani ports
* Russia has elevated Pakistan from category D to B for arms sales.
* Smooth supply of RD-93 turbofan engines and its upgraded MA variants for JF-17 Thunder aircrafts.
* Pakistan has just established an upgrade and overhaul facility for its Mi-17 helis, which Russians will help with.
* Both states have agreed to work together in Afghanistan to make sure another civil war doesn't take place
* On economic side, Russia is interested in building a gas pipeline from Nawabshah city of Sindh to Gwadar in Balochistan which will be connected with Iran when the sanctions on Iran are lifted.
* Russia is also interested in rebuilding Pakistan's steel mills, helping with Railways and in building the Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India gas pipeline.
* Russia will also invest in Pakistan's oil and gas exploration sector which is seeing increased activity.
* Increase in bilateral trade which currently stands at just $542 million.
Source: Pakistan Defence.
Post a Comment